Monday, March 3, 2008

Utah Trip - Part 1


Rowe and I are right in the middle of our whirlwind trip to Utah. To give you an idea, we flew in last Wednesday night, slept at Torah’s, drove down to St. George on Thursday, climbed and played in St. George on Friday, raced my bike Saturday morning, then drove to Logan in a raging blizzard on Saturday night. Sid has done incredibly well! He slept almost the entire flight out here and even managed to sleep a little bit on the long car rides to St. George. Speaking of St. George...it was wonderful! 70 degrees and sunny all weekend. And the mountain bike course was superb! Lots of fast sweeping single track and a good amount of hot sweaty climbing....a far cry from the riding that i’ve been doing in New England lately. I miss having a place to escape to during the cold dark months of winter. As you can see from the photo, I managed to chase my way to 3rd place in my first expert race. You may also notice that the one of the men who beat me has gray hair. Yes, I lost a few minutes to a man with severely gray hair. For the majority of the race I was in 4th place trying to catch 2 guys who I managed to keep in sight for the entire 3 laps. I caught one of them on the last downhill and out sprinted him to the line. Nothing like a little elbow bumping at the line to finish off a great race!

So now we are back in cold Logan for a few days. I managed to get an hour an a half on my Dad’s road bike this afternoon. I kind of miss the flat, exposed, traffic free farm roads of Cache Valley. Next up this weekend....Moab.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh,. PLEASE come visit me if you are still in town!!!!!!!

k8theriver said...

careful about the gray hair comments. you might offend ang.

Andi said...

bring on part 2 already