Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sid has arrived




I suppose that a little bit more information is warranted at this point So here's what happened:

We had an appointment on Wednesday morning at 11:00 AM. The midwives decided to strip her membranes and see if that would send her into labor. It seemed to do the trick. By 1:00 she was having pretty strong contractions every 3 minutes or so. At about 7:00 the conractions intensified enough that we decided to head to the hospital. This is where the heroics began. Rowe labored from about 8:00pm-4:30 AM in order to fully dialate. She pushed for about 3 hours and whazamm.......8 pound baby! OK it wasn't as easy as that made it sound. It was INTENSE! I've never quite experienced anything like that before. I'm sure that Rowe will give you her version a bit later. But needless to say, she lived up to her name - CHAMP on this one. She managed 18 hours of labor without medication which is pretty incredible (and absolutely insane if I might add). I might also add that she twice tried to bite my nipples off. I'm not sure why, but both times, when she realized what she was doing, was instantly apolagetic.

So what are we left with now: An absolutely beautiful little boy! I guess the real adventure starts now. So far he's happy and healthy. He's breast feeding really well and he's cute as ever. Here are a few pictures. The picture of Sid and Rowe happened about 15 seconds after he came out!

1 comment:

kriztino said...

Oh my goodness....he is GORGEOUS !!!

What a sweetie !!!