Saturday, September 6, 2008

31


oh i am a lucky girl.look at him go. Rob is 31 today.. well now it is yesterday, we had too much fun today to post. I think it has been a good year for him,apart from winning the mt bike national champs, his son was born!!! pretty big year. I would have to say his finest moment this year was helping me through the 18 hours of labor.(I need to write that story before i forget-it is very vivid still) There is NO WAY I could have brought Sid into the world with out drugs if it were not for Rob. He really was a star. He never chickened out on me and kept me focused even when i was involuntarily biting his nipples, screaming as if being tortured, shaking violently asking for a c-section and vomitting all over him. ( i think it was over him) I have never felt so much love and gratitude for him.I really did not know he would be that good. Since Sid's birth I have realized just how special birthday's are - what an amazing day they are in the history of our little world, but it also made me realize, mother's should really be made a fuss over on each of their child's birthday's. They did all the hard work.

My favorite story about Rob is when he got into the one and only fist fight he has ever been in. He was 8 years old and he fought to defend the honor of a girl. Matilda** was a bigger girl who had suffered much already in her young life, some of the fruits of her suffering were found in the from of a bad scar caused by a burn on a very visible part of her neck. Jimmy** was a ruffian and as usual was having a good old time at her expense. Rob told him he should not be doing that and when jimmy decided not to listen to him, rob decided it was time to sock him one... and fists flew as they rolled and wrestled around in the dirt. The fight ended in the principles office, a call to Marsha and rob being taken home for the day. The END(**names have been changed to protect the individuals involved)

He is still a kind, meek and gentle guy who is not afraid to step up when things really matter, who honors women and likes to ride bikes.
have a great year Robbie. We love you
XXXXXooooxxxooOOxxxxOOxxxx XXXX Rowe and Sid

3 comments:

k8theriver said...

hooray for bob!

Amy said...

thats way to many x's and O's for my liking- I am glad you like to give him all those X's and O's - now I want to know- what they will be doing every night while in Vegas - four men with out wives to keep them occupied- Darren says they will go to dinner and go to bed because they will be so tired after riding all day... 4 men in a little room...in Vegas!

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

Happy Birthday Rob! And I'm SO glad he found someone who realizes how great he is. Love you both!!!