Monday, July 14, 2008

New York Weekend




This weekend Rowe, Torah and I went out to see the Hill Cumorah pageant in Palmyra.  There also happened to be a bike race on the way......so we stopped.  We camped Friday night at the race venue.  Woke up Saturday and raced at 8:00 (I finished 2nd).  Jumped in the car and drove 4 hours to Palmyra.  Checked into an over-priced motel.  Took a much needed shower.  Went to the pageant. Ate a whole lot of food at the pageant. Returned to the motel and passed out. Woke up on Sunday and attended a very crowded sacrament meeting where we listened to a choir that had a soloist who sounded exactly like Neil Young. Visited the sacred grove and the palmyra temple. Drove the 5.5 hours home. Passed out at home.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend a weekend.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So the guy on the podium with a belly beat skinny Rob?

k8theriver said...

nice job. i was going to point out the chubby guy but dan beat me to it. sounds fun.
is sid teething?

Dalls said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me. The course must of had a lot of downhill for the chubby guy to win.

Amy B said...

I told Dalls to type this but he said I had too... Rowie - you look smashing in that photo- awesome!!!

idon'tremembereatingcorn said...

Enough about the fat guy beating me. He was really strong alright. I only lost by 3 seconds (I suck at sprinting to the line)....and I was on Rowe's bike....and our time's were the fastest among all the expert categories. So there

Ang said...

I think it's cool you saw Neil Young at church.

heather said...

LOVE the Hill Cumorah pageant, but I haven't been in over 13 years...I bet it was so amazing! Rob and Todd will have to swap biking tips. It is Tour de France 24-7 around here and he has a race tomorrow night at 10 PM in the dark.

Good job Rob!

AJ Gorham said...

Wow! What a weekend! Congrats on the race and glad you are having a great summer with your darling little family!

Scott said...

You know, not all men weigh 130 lbs. Come on! He probably floats better than all of you.

Gruwells said...

Rowena and Rob-
Just stopped in to say HI! I'm trying to get better at this blogging thing! Oh we wish we'd known you were in Palmyra...that's our neck of the woods...and our door is always open! Hope to see you soon. Love, Stacie