Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Rowe and I

I looked back through the blog and found nothing but Sid.  Fair enough....he's a whole lot cuter than I am.  Maybe not Rowe - but me for sure.  Anyway, I thought I should give a written update on Rowe and I.  Things are starting to calm down and life is slowly returning to what some might consider to be normal.  Sid is pleasant most of the time, but tends to get fussy in the evening (this coincidentally, is the only time that I am home).  He sleeps well although he has to feed every couple of hours.  A weird thing has happened recently though.  Rowe, who has always been known for her deep, sometimes frightening - comatose like sleeping habits is now awakened at the slightest peep.  I on the other hand, who has always been a notoriously light sleeper am now able to slumber right through midnight feeding sessions (in our bed) and epic midnight diaper changes (also in our bed)!  It is very strange.

I also just realized the other day that I am 30 years old and still in college!  Why didn't anybody tell me?  Things at school are going well.  This last week I gave my pre-doctoral proposal presentation to my committee and it was approved without revision.  This was a pretty major step on my way to getting out of here as it will be my first major project towards my dissertation.  Now I just need to finish collecting the data.

Rowe loves being a mom!  She was offered the position of head ski coach at Smith College recently (about  3 times actually -they were begging her) but she promptly declined - deciding that she'd rather be a mother.  Good on her!  Now it's just on to dealing with survival on a graduate student's lowly stipend.  We wouldn't trade our situation for the world though.  Happy as ever.  Cheers.

1 comment:

k8theriver said...

dan complains about being tired because even though he doesn't get up with the baby he hears me. funny how he can snore when he's awake.
rowe, call me.
766.three one six two